Thursday, July 06, 2006

PIck Six

Pick Six – exercise from Write Brain, day 155
Write down 6 things within your line of vision
Now use all six in a piece that begins with It’s funny, the more I…..

MY LIST
Dying flowers
Mirror
Calculator
Silver tea service
Lap top
Pile of children’s magazines

It’s funny, the more I….look at those dead flowers in the crystal vase, the more I want to pick them up and dash them into the mirror behind them. They only serve to make me feel like I’m really, really behind. No matter how hard I work, there always seems to be some flowers dying in a vase somewhere. But isn’t life like that? Just as soon as you choose to focus on one thing, something else has to wither away. This is reality at its finest. However, modern popular culture tells us that we are failures if we can’t do it all. But the deft use of one of our modern conveniences, like a calculator, will reveal that the numbers don’t add up! You’ve got to choose between many things. Either polish the antiquated silver tea service or type away on your shiny new laptop and read through that pile of children’s magazines. If the guilt is overwhelming, you may need to pack the tea service and the vase away until you have time to maintain them or the money to hire someone to maintain them for you. That’s it; I have to choose. For today I choose to BE A WRITER and raise my precious boys….. Now for a game of “let’s pretend”; afterall, it can only serve to help my writing anyway!

No comments: